A Real Estate Investment is considered to be the most tangible hard asset. It is more secure than the stocks or bonds. A lot of investors are willing to invest in the real estate because they can see the profits it entails.
Real Estate is a hard asset in its true form because you have a property, which you own. Like any other hard asset investment, real estate investments also require you to do your homework. There are two options here:
- You can do your research to find out the best possible deals, which will require a lot of your time, energy and money.
- You can contact different real estate investing companies to help you with finding the best investment options.
The best thing about working with a real estate company is that you don’t have to do any work. Everything will be managed by them. You will only be responsible for investing money and monthly profits will be deposited in your account.
You can choose from different options of investing:
Turnkey investment properties are the properties that have been purchased solely for the purpose of investment. Many investing companies buy distressed properties, rehab them, rent them and manage them.
The thing that differentiates us from them is that we are investors primarily. We have been buying investment properties for more than 10 years. Beginning a few years ago, we started offering these properties to other local and out of state investors. Some of our distinguishing features are:
- We buy properties for ourselves, that’s why we try to find the best deals.
- We redevelop distressed properties and make them like new.
- We identify our own deals, rehab them, rent them and our property management group manages the property on a daily basis.
- We also have a list of prospective tenants who are already in the property or ready to rent it out.
- We also provide one year guarantee and a Rental Protection Plan.
Turnkey investment is considered to be the simplest form of investing in real estate because investors don’t have to do anything. You can buy a turnkey property and start getting your monthly profits beginning the first month.
These are some of the factors that attract investors towards turnkey investment solutions. It is popular in major metropolitan areas where renting is prevalent.
Fixing and Flipping
- Find properties – Investors usually work with real estate agents or look for different properties on MLS. There are different ways of finding these properties. If you are a new investor, it is extremely important that you take some coaching or help because finding a good property is the core of fixing and flipping.
- Fix them – The next step is to make a list of all the repairs that needs to be done depending upon the inspection report drafted by the home inspector. You can hire a contractor who could make all the repairs or if you are experienced, you can make these changes yourself.
- Flip them – Once the property is fixed, it’s time to flip it. This means that you need to list the property on the market and sell it to make money. It will require proper pricing, advertising and negotiations. Few investors tend to rent out the property too but most of them prefer to sell it and move to the next fix and flip assignment.
It is important to understand that fixing and flipping requires a lot of time from investors. Many investors work as a part time fix and flip investors and with the passage of time, turn it into a full time career.
Depending upon their needs and requirements, an investor chooses an investment option. Therefore, if you are planning to start a real estate investing career, it is imperative that you do your research. Talk to different investors, read stuff online, watch educational videos and learn from others experiences.
NOTE: If a so-called “real estate guru” is promising to give you a get-rich-quick formula, don’t listen to them. Real estate investment requires work, time and persistency too. You can’t get rich in a fortnight. But it definitely gives a kick start to your part time investment career, with the potential to grow considerably with time.